GIR is a signatory of the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI)
The Principles for Responsible Investment were established by an international group of institutional investors in response to the growing importance of environmental, social and corporate-governance issues in investment practices. The process was launched by the United Nations Secretary-General. GIR is convinced that applying these Principles can help investors align themselves with the company’s major objectives. Consequently, in as much as it is compatible with its trustee responsibilities, GIR is committed to:
- Take ESG issues into account in investment-related analysis and decision-making processes;
- Be an active investor and take ESG issues into consideration in its shareholder policies and practices;
- Ask the entities in which it invests to publish appropriate information on ESG issues;
- Encourage those involved in asset management to accept and apply the Principles;
- Work to increase its effectiveness in applying the Principles;
- Be individually accountable for its activities and its progress in applying the Principles.
By signing the Principles, GIR publicly undertakes to adopt and apply them, as far as is compatible with its responsibilities. It also commits to evaluate the effectiveness and improve the content of the Principles over time. GIR is convinced that this undertaking will improve its ability to meet its commitments to its clients, and bring its investment activities in line with the interests of society in general.
GIR offers its signatory clients a full range of services to help them comply with the Principles:
- Consultation services on integrating the UNPRI in organization;
- Training services for the individuals responsible for the practical implementation of the UNPRI in organization;
- Consultation services to develop polices on responsible investment and proxy voting;
- Research services to help incorporate ESG issues in analysis process;
- Custom voting or turnkey services to promote an active investor approach;
- Support in the development and implementation of dialogue strategies to interact with companies.